Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Cave Adventure


On Sunday, we took a day trip to the Maquoteka caves. The boys had a blast and Ben and I had fun too. It's funny how when we walk to the library in Grundy Center, I always end up carrying Isaac home and on Sunday we walked for 3 hours or more and he didn't complain of being tired once! Evan and Isaac had so much fun going through the creeks, hiking through nature and climbing in the caves. We bought them their own flashlights and they had a blast exploring the caves.
By the time the we left to come home...we were FILTHY! I was embarrassed when we went to eat because we were all covered in dirt and mud...even Eli. I wonder what people thought when they saw us! The boys were in heaven...they played and hiked all day long...and they got to get dirty with no consequences...every boy's dream!



It was a much needed and very fun family day. It has been a while since we have spent time with just us....

No comments: