Sunday, April 20, 2008

So far, so good....I think

So, moving day/weekend has proved to be quite an adventure in itself. Start with

Day 1 - Friday. I get a call from daycare at 3:15....Eli has a temp...it is 104.5! He has been sick since Wednesday, but instead of getting better with antibiotics...he is only getting worse. So, I leave school a few minutes early and go to pick him up. The original plan was to have "movie night" with the boys one last time in our house. Instead, the boys have movie night and Mommy deals with a sick, crabby baby while trying to do the laundry that hasn't been done all week. It is important to get the laundry done because the washer is being moved in the morning.

Day 1 1/2 - Eli decides that tonight is not a good night to sleep in his room for one last time. He did that last night. Instead, he decides that he will spend his last night in bed with Mommy and Daddy...fever and all!

Day 2 - Josh is at our house at 8:00 a.m. The exact time that Ben tells him we are going to start. Poor Josh, instead of moving us at 8:00, he gets to witness the chaos...an hour of me trying to get the boys ready, fed and myself ready...all while Eli has a fever and is crabbier than ever. I take the boys to Clarksville and they get to see their "new" room. It has a pirate ship and a treasure chest...no not really, just a black trunk and a double bed. They are pumped! And jumping off the walls, bed and ceiling. It is going to be a long day for Grandma I'm afraid. Ben, Bob and Josh try to move stuff into Clarksville, all while Isaac is underfoot. Disaster waiting to happen. Day 2 continues into night.....We get the kids to bed finally. I go to check on them at 9...all seems fine. The room smells kind of weird, but I don't see anything out of sorts (in the dark) so I shut the door and go back downstairs. Fast forward 3 hours. Eli is still awake, it is midnight. He is crying and hungry. He can't eat his bottle because he nose is stuffed up. He has a fever. Ben is doing his best to calm him down. I go to check on the boys. This time the room smells really bad when I open the door. Evan sits up in bed and I notice something on his face. He sits up in bed and is mumbling something so I come closer to the bed, just to notice what the smell is. He has thrown up in bed quite some time ago. Apparently he never woke up...it has been a long day. As if that isn't bad enough....Isaac is laying in it. You have got to be kidding me...any thing else ??? I don't know where anything is at so I have to wake up Rhonda for help...

Day 2 1/2 - Eli still can't breath out his nose and decides he will sleep with Mommy and Daddy again.

Day 3 - Moving day. Mom and Dad bring up the truck. Brent and David bring the manpower....It is a LOOOOOOONNNNGGG day of packing and moving.

This truly is the beginning of an adventure. I hope we can remember to enjoy the experience!

Thank you Mom and Dad and Bob and Rhonda and brothers. We couldn't have done this without you....We are so lucky have such great family and so much help with this. I don't know where we would be. Not sure if we can ever repay you.

1 comment:

Andrea Dellit said...

holy moly you are going through a lot....hope the boys are feeling better...what a crummy couple of days!