Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No Last Name

We had the boys' parent-teacher conferences tonight. Evan's were great. He is doing well in first grade. He is doing well reading and writing. Math appears to be his strong point. His teacher said that he is a very caring and compassionate child. He is working hard and she was very proud of him. He is a deep thinker...he comprehends stories well, and links them to a deeper meaning.

Isaac's conferences went well too. He has come a long way in preschool. He is holding his pencil/crayon perfect and is cutting well too. He still needs to work on writing his name. He now writes the I and then leaves a big space and then two a's and a c. He leaves the space for the teacher to write the S....remember, he doesn't do s's because they're too hard. 

Today, she was assessing them on different items to put on their report card....when asked what his last name was, he told his teacher he didn't have one......

He got a ND (needs developing) on that.......

Tonight, when I got home I asked him what his last name was. Guess what he told me???

Kalainoff

Yep, that's what I thought! 

5 comments:

Andrea Dellit said...

:) what a funny story!

Beckysblog said...

He and Avery sound SO much alike!

Happilyoutnumbered said...

He does things on his terms...and at only his time! He is going to give many gray hairs!!

Beckysblog said...

For the fun of it I asked Avery what her last name was, she said I dont know.
Ten minutes later she was running around the house yelling, Im Avery Dirks, Im Avery Dirks.

She totally knew it too, just didnt want to tell me!

Happilyoutnumbered said...

It's probably a good thing we live in Nashua and you are in GC! Those teachers would have quite a dynamic class of preschoolers!