Lately, I have been so consumed with how busy life has been lately. Seems like we are running here or there all the time and barely have time to breathe. For example, Friday we didn't have school and I took Eli to his 1 year checkup and then to Waterloo with a friend in the afternoon. Friday night we went to Clarksville for Bob's birthday, Saturday we had a wedding, Sunday we went to Grundy for my mom and dad's birthday, Tuesday Ben had night class and Evan had math night at the school. He missed wrestling practice to attend the math night. Tonight we had to be in Charles City at the bank to close out our loan at 4:00 which meant we had to leave school a few minutes early to get there on time. Then it was home for supper, then I had a meeting. Tomorrow night Evan has wrestling practice. Next week, the real fun starts, as Ben starts the wrestling season. He is going to be the high school assistant coach this year. The list goes on and on....Life has not slowed down and doesn't look like it is going to any time soon.
We are BUSY, and I am so THANKFUL for it. I need to remind myself of this. I am thankful that I have friends to spend time with. I am thankful that Ben has night class...it means we are educated parents, doing what we think is right for our children. I am thankful that we have school activities to take the kids to....it means that we are involved in our kids' school - not just as teachers, but as parents too. I am thankful that we have appointments at the bank and the doctor....it means we have the means to build a new house for our family to grow in, and we are keeping our children healthy. I am thankful we have family birthday parties on the weekends...it means that our family is close and spends time together.
I am thankful that we have three small boys that keep us BUSY but fill our life with so much love and joy. Being BUSY is not a bad thing. Being BUSY means that we are right where we want to be.
We are BUSY and we are so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment