Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The words of a child

Our school family experienced terribly sad news. One of our elementary teachers had a stillborn baby last week. It is impossible to even begin to wrap our hearts and minds around their loss. Every adult was at a loss for words. As our hearts are breaking, I share this email we received from Eli's first grade teacher: 
**********************************************
I wanted to tell you both something that will fill your heart!

As you both know this morning has been a rough day at the elementary. When Michelle and Stephanie came in and told the kids what happened we had many tears in our room. After Michelle and Stephanie left the room we started to talk about the whole thing. The students obviously were sad and even some of them were crying. THEN Eli said, "You know what though? The baby gets to go to heaven. And... that's the best place for a baby who doesn't have their mommy yet... " 

I COULD barley hold it together... How do young children know sometimes the most perfect thing to say, when we don't!?!?!

I LOVE your son! He's pretty awesome (which you both already know).
************************************
She's right...sometimes children have the perfect thing to say when we don't have the words. 

No comments: