Thursday, April 26, 2012

Birthday Boy

I am an emotional mess today. I didn't think Zeke's 2nd birthday would be so hard on me. This has never happened. We have never had our "baby" turn into a toddler without the prospect of another baby in the future. There was always discussion of "one more". I didn't let myself get too emotional over it...I would have another baby. Now that we are 99.9% sure that he is "The Baby", this is much harder than I imagined. So...what do I do to make things better today? I look at pictures from April 26, 2010.

This was my first look at our Big Boy...I LOVE that Ben got a picture!

BIG BOY!

Until I looked at these, I had forgotten how long it took Eli to even touch Zeke. He wanted nothing to do with him until the second day he visited.


And I LOVE this picture. It is still in a frame two years later. I love it because this was the first time we were a family of 6 and we always will be a family of 6...


And look at that chub! He was one giant bruise...from his head all the way down every rib. He was such a big boy!


And where did these little boys go? Look at them!




My all time FAVORITE picture from this day! Isaac used to rub his top lip on things that were soft. We would be shopping and he would be rubbing things on his lip to see if they were soft or not. That is EXACTLY what was happening in this picture. It reminds me how soft newborn babies are. Oh my heart...



Happy Birthday, Zeke Rian! We love you so much!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Beckysblog said...

So sweet!


and 99.9% sure. ?

Happilyoutnumbered said...

5 boys??? I could never handle that!

Kyra said...

Wait until your "baby" heads off to kindergarten! That's what I'm dealing with these days. Talk about thinking about needing to have another baby...That picture of Isaac and Zeke brought tears to my eyes. Can't wait for our kids to spend more time together!