Thursday, June 2, 2011

So far, So good....

We made it an hour past our goal destination! The kids did pretty well yesterday with the travels. We got to Lexington, KY at about 10 pm. Right now, the kids are catching up on some sleep and we are just getting ready to pack up and head out again. We should (only) have about 9 hours to drive today. 

There were a few minor setbacks yesterday that we hadn't planned for. A three year old peeing their pants while in their carseat was one of them. Eli was napping and he suddenly woke up and had to go RIGHT NOW. We had nowhere to pull over and eventually he had an accident. We were on the side of the highway without many options to clean him up. Luckily he is tiny and one of Zeke's diapers fit him perfectly. So perfect that when we did get to a rest stop, he got out of the van, stood still and got a big smile on his face. I asked him what he was doing and he started laughing and told me he peed again. This time in the diaper! I was worried that by the time we got to Kentucky, the year's worth of being potty trained was gone, but he bounced back rather quickly! He is doing just fine now....I didn't want him to get too used to just peeing in a diaper again....even though Ben and I considered it for him. That kid has to go to the bathroom every hour, I swear!

The other minor set back was when our air conditioner stopped working in the 90 degree heat. Not sure why, but we had to make a Wal Mart stop and when we got back into the car, we didn't have air or a fan. We panicked, took a wrong turn and eventually found a place to stop. We filled up with gas and when we started back up, the air gradually came back on and has been fine ever since. Hopefully that doesn't happen again or it will make for a very miserable trip!

All in all, the kids have done wonderful! I have a lot more tricks I can pull out that I haven't had to use yet!

On to Day 2.....

1 comment:

Beckysblog said...

Glad to hear it is going so well! I hope it keeps going great! enjoy!