Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our Day

We had a rough start to the day today. I was scheduled to take middle school TAG students to Cedar Falls for a competition. The principal is the TAG teacher, but he is out of state so I was in charge. I didn't have to be to school until 8:00 so I thought I would let the kids sleep a little longer. I went into Eli's room at 7:15, which is what time we normally leave. Much to my surprise, he is laying there covered in vomit and diarrea. GREAT....Ben was at school lifting weights so there was no way to get a hold of him. I can't call in sick because I have to take students to Cedar Falls. Luckily, our babysitter was able to run up to the school to get a hold of Ben. He got a sub and had to throw together his sub plans. In the meantime, I have to give Eli a bath and throw in a load of laundry so we are running really late. I now have to get the kids breakfast, which usually they eat at daycare. Evan says a pop tart is fine, while Isaac is throwing the biggest fit for oatmeal. I am freaking out, wondering how Ben is going to get his sub plans done in 20 minutes for me to take the older kids to daycare and get to the school to pick up the kids that are waiting for me. In the middle of all of this, Evan loses a tooth! We are so lucky to have the friends that we have....our daycare provider's husband came and sat with Eli while I could go to school and Ben could get things wrapped up. I am really not quite sure what we would have done.

Eli is still misrible and has been throwing up off and on today. He has a fever and hasn't really moved off the couch. The boys hate to see him sick. Isaac has been by him since we have been home. He just hates to see Eli so sad. I am sure Isaac will be the next one sick....



Poor baby:


and the missing tooth:
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beckysblog said...

That is a HORRID start to a day!!!

Wow!