Thursday, March 26, 2009

Late Again....

Today I was late for work again...

Ben went to work early because he was taking a bus load of kids to Physics Olympics. He goes in early four mornings a week, so this was no different. Eli decided to get up a bit early today. I managed to get ready without him getting into any trouble. As I was getting the older boys up, I noticed Eli had disappeared.

The first place I looked was the bathroom...to discover my worst fear. He was sitting IN THE TOILET. Not on the toilet, not playing in the water. He was sitting in it. Luckily since the older two were still in bed, it had been flushed...(they have a bad habit of not always flushing...gross I know, but a reality around here. They get so excited to play, that they sometimes forget).

I was not happy. I said "ELI" very firmly. He looked up at me and smiled and his response.......

"BAF" (bath)

Yes, he got a bath this morning - which caused me to be a few minutes late to work. I think if anyone were to question me, they would have understood.

And it is so gross to think about...this is the last I am thinking about it. It makes me want to vomit to give it much more thought. My child was sitting in the toilet.

2 comments:

Andrea Dellit said...

OMG! I was laughing so hard at this...I'm sorry! I can't imagine how crappy that would be to find him, especially when you are trying to get ready for the day...but how cute that he climbed in and wanted to take a bath! HA!!

Thanks for sharing....Happy Friday.
Andrea

sarah guild said...

Oh yuck! So sorry. I agree. No more thought should be given to that event. But, it is funny. Really funny. You must be some kind of super mom to get that many people out of the door four mornings a week BY YOURSELF. Rock star!