Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back on the mat...

Tonight was Evan's first night back at wrestling since breaking his arm. He was pretty nervous last night and said he didn't want to go. We didn't push it too much, but knew he probably would miss it if he didn't try again. When I was tucking them in last night he asked if he could tell me something. He said he didn't want to tell Daddy that he forgot how to wrestle. Poor kid. We got up and talked to Daddy...of course, bedtime then turned into wrestling practice! He felt much better after that and decided he would try it again.

Of course, Ben had an away wrestling meet tonight, so I had the privledge of lugging three kids up to wrestling practice. I am glad I was there because 20 minutes into practice, Evan got a bloody nose! Great! He gets them a lot in the winter. It didn't last long, but was pretty hectic with a wild baby in tow.

As soon as we walked into the wrestling room, Eli was bound and determined to get to where the big boy wrestlers were! He had a very hard time sitting still. He did take 7 steps across the mat! He thought for sure he would get to the boys! He still won't walk very often, just steps here or there. Seven steps is the most I have seen him take. He was really motivated!

Evan did well. He is still pretty hesitant and scared he is going to get hurt again. He still is a good listener and he tries so hard! He isn't too aggressive now. Most of the kids he wrestles are 20 pounds lighter than him! They still throw him around...he has to learn how to use his weight and his strength...he is too nice and too much of a softy. It will come! He has fun and that is what really matters.

No comments: