




We had the boys' birthday parties today.
It is so hard to believe that Evan is 6 and Isaac is 4...I am not sure where the time has gone. It seems like I just blinked and it was 6 years later! It is so exciting to see them grow and change, but also so sad to know how fast the time is really going. Things are so hectic and hard at times that I forget to enjoy life. It seems like I concentrate more on surviving the day that I forget to stop and play...I forget that sometimes kids don't listen. It doesn't mean I am doing it all wrong, it just means that they are being normal kids. I forget that sometimes kids are wild and goofy when there are people around. I foget that sometimes kids would rather eat candy and play with toys than eat their lunch like they should. I forget that sometimes I should just relax and not expect so much out of my kids. I am really going to work on this and I hope that I can begin to enjoy life as much as 6 year olds and 4 year olds. I know that it is going to be hard...I am not sure if I can do it completely perfect, but I am going to really try to slow down, and play more. My children are growing up right before my eyes...I feel like I am not enjoying it because I am too worried about other things.
The party went well today. Most everyone could come. We missed seeing Gina and Grandpa. Bob went to work at 6:00 this morning and he is still there (it is 10:03 pm) He is working in Parkersburg after the horrific tornado that ripped through their community. I cannot imagine what they are going through and how devestating that must be for the familes that are without a home tonight...I feel guilty for being upset at our situation. I often get frustrated because all of the belongings I brought with me are in our bedroom...we have stuff stored all over this part of Iowa it seems. I can't ever find things and I feel like things are such a mess. We chose this. We chose to build a house. We chose to sell our house first and move to Clarksville with Ben's parents. These families did not choose this....it is so hard to understand why this has to happen to them.
Tonight when Evan was saying his prayers, he said a prayer for the people that were in the tornados...when he got done, I told him that it was very nice that he remembered them. I explained that that was what praying was all about...He told me that sometimes he prays for peope that aren't even his family and he doesn't even know them! He is such a compassionate kid. It is hard to put into writing what the conversation sounded like and how "moved" I was, but it really was sweet.
On the other hand, I must share a conversation that Rhonda had with Isaac the other day. He too is a compassionate kid, but not in the same way. Isaac is our "great thinker" I would love to see what goes through his little mind on any given day.
side note...
When Uncle Jason is home, he is often found entertaining the kids with his magic show...he pulls toys out of their ears. His favorite toys to trick the kids with are the rubbery, magic spiders that appear in the kids' ears.
with that being said....
Out of no where the other day, Isaac asked grandma a very serious question.
"Gamma, how come when Uncle Jason pulls magic spiders out of our ears, they don't have ear wax on them?"
Hmmmmm.......have you ever given that any thought yourself??? Me neither....only Isaac!
No comments:
Post a Comment