Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 8

Tonight.....it's a stretch. It's been an ugly day. One of those days that I would really like a do over. From the start... Not good. Tired crabby kids in the morning. Late for school only to be greeted at my office door with a new student and a crying 8th grade girl. Coat still on, bag still packed, dealing with that. Typical day but on a rough morning, I could have used 5 minutes to regroup. I hit the ground running from the start and the whole day was like this .

After school. Ugly. I'm ashamed of how it went with the boys. Ugly. 

Dealt with school stuff tonight over email. Some days there is no escaping it. 

And now kids are in bed. House is quiet. I have lots of regrets as to how the day went. I can only try to do better tomorrow. So tonight I struggle to find the grateful part. My blessings are well disguised tonight. 

Tonight I am thankful for the messy house my kids left me. They are quiet and as I trip over toys and wish for a do over, I'm thankful I am blessed to have days like this... Blessed beyond measure - the chaos, the mess, the noise, the destruction others may never get to experience. I'm thankful that tomorrow I get to do it all over again (ugh) but tomorrow I get to try harder, be more patient, be more loving and be the mother I really should have been today. It's a new day. Oh, and I get to take them all to the dentist! That should be great! 

No comments: