I've been in denial that Zeke is actually potty trained. It just doesn't seem possible that after 10 1/2 years we would actually be without diapers. It's real though...Zeke truly is potty trained. He was having a lot of trouble pooping...as in, only pooping in his underwear, but on Saturday he figured that out. He told me for the first time ever that he had to poop....and has been doing it ever since. That's a funny story....
We were at Evan's AAU state meet. Evan was match number 20 on his mat. It was on match 16 and Zeke tells me he has to poop. He has never never done this before. Knowing it is going to be close if we leave, I decide not to risk it....dirty underwear at Wells Fargo Arena does not sound like a good idea at all. Hoping he just has to sit on the potty and fart,I take him to the bathroom. Nope not this time. He really has to go. It takes a long time. Like ....long time....but of course there isn't anything I can do about it. I'm by myself and Ben is coaching. We rush back in the arena. I find his mat and see that the score board says "Match 21” ugh. I missed it. Like drove all the way to DesMoines to watch Evan's first ever state competition and I missed it. Evidently matches 16, 17, 18, and 19 were all first period pins and get done way faster than they should have. At this point I just want to cry.
In fact, that's what I do. I call my mom, and cry.
I know it's not the end of the world. But I felt horrible. Horrible but extremely excited because for the first time ever....Zeke told me he had to poop, and meant it. That really was a big deal and so exciting for all of us. From that point on....Zeke has it figured out. Funny how a bad situation can be so wonderful and exciting with just a little change of perspective. No more baby in this house...only four big boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment