Thursday, January 31, 2013

Potty Training - Day 3-4

Day 3 -
We have told Zeke that if he poops we will have to throw his underwear away. When Zeke got up and went potty, he got dressed with his underwear. A couple of minutes later, he was running through the house holding his butt saying "I want my diaper on". I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty and he thought that was a good idea. Sure enough, he pooped on the potty. Zeke wore underwear to Vickie's house. She said that a couple of times, he even told her when he had to go. When I picked the kids up at the end of the day, I needed to make a trip to Wal Mart. I was stuck on what to do...put a diaper back on him or leave his underwear on. I hate to go backwards in the process, so I packed an extra set of clothes and set on our way. We made it through Wal Mart without an accident and tried to go potty but had no luck. We ate supper at McDonalds and before we left, we used the bathroom. He is doing great!

Day 4-
Snow day. No school. Ben and I decided that we would just see what happens if we don't ask him. There were several times throughout the day that we could hear the toilet flush...he is now going to the bathroom on his own without asking for help or telling us. Unbelievable!

I am still not all the way convinced. On Saturday he was total diapers and had no interest...on Sunday he woke up and decided he wanted to wear underwear. He had two accidents on Monday and that's it. I cannot believe that he is now going to the bathroom without prompting or without help! I know this is how potty training works...it has been like this with all the boys. I guess maybe I'm just not quite ready to give up that baby boy. Although...the thought of no diapers is pretty nice too!

No comments: