Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vacation Highlights

Oh how I wish I were on vacation!

I was looking through pictures of our incredible vacation and thought I would share some memorable moments:


Celebrating Isaac's birthday at a Mexican Restaurant somewhere in Virginia.


Stopping along the road every 45 minutes for Eli to pee. And then Eli peeing wherever he wanted to, when he wanted to. He was up to three National Monuments...and almost four, but we stopped him at Arlington Cemetery. He did manage to pee off the stairs of Appomatox Courthouse, the Kitty Hawk Museum parking lot and the National Mall in DC (at a stoplight nonetheless....)


Eli and Ben cracking their heads open in the swimming pool the morning we were trying to check out of our Virginia Hotel resulting in Eli getting four stitches.


The first time the kids saw the ocean. It was a moment I will remember forever. The laughing.....


Waking up every morning and having the ocean out our back door....literally.


Walking to the ocean.


Swimming in the pool at the house....watching all the cousins play and play.


Waking up early one morning to watch the sunrise.

And getting a bonus....watching about twenty dolphins jumping in and out of the water.


Playing and flying kites at the sand dunes.

It felt like we were in the desert. I so expected to see pyramids over the next hill. It was crazy!



Being at the ocean, together.


Watching the kids and uncles play together. It was a time to get to be aunts and uncles and actually play instead of just being "mom" and "dad". We had so much fun getting to know our nephews and neice so much better.



One night we took the kids to the beach in the dark to catch sand crabs. I will NEVER forget how excited they were and all of the laughing and giggling. It was so fun!


Watching Isaac eat "real" seafood. He ate his weight in mussels. It disgusts me to think about, but he sure had the time of his life!



Our trip to DC. I think Ben and I got more out of it than the kids. It was hot and a lot of walking, but we loved the experience. The kids got a little bored at the monuments, but loved the museums.





 Having the chance to go to the Pittsburgh Pirates Stadium to take a picture for my dad. He has been a Pirate fan all his life and his hero is Roberto Clemente. What a perfect Father's Day gift...four boys in front of the statue.
And ending our trip with a visit to the Keiths. My best friend and her family.....It was so fun to watch the kids play. If only we had more time. There is never enough time, but it was so wonderful to see them. 

Carson and Eli 
And the Birthday Buddies, Camryn and Isaac. Born on the same day, four hours apart!  

And, I never thought to have Ben take a picture of Kyra and I...

It was an exhausting trip, but there are so many memories that will last a lifetime. 

1 comment:

Kyra said...

Memories that will definitely last a lifetime! Carson still talks about Isaac and Eli. We were so glad we got to be part of your trip!