Things have been busy and hectic as usual. Last weekend was state wrestling. The little two went to Grandma and Grandpas for the weekend...we are thankful that grandparents were able to shuffle them around and share the fun. The older two boy and I headed down to DesMoines on Thursday morning to catch up with Ben, who was down there since Wednesday. It was such a treat to be able to just have the older two....I forgot how life is without diapers and bottles and sippy cups and pack and plays and naps. It was SO easy. Of course the boys fought, but I suppose that's to be expected. They loved swimming and it was so nice to just sit by the pool and watch them have such a great time. We were happy to get home on Sunday. We all said many times how much we missed Eli and Zeke.
I have never said I was thankful for illnesses and getting sick, but I was very thankful that we all got sick before we left for state. Evan had strep on the 11th, and Eli and I had it on the 13th (the week before state). I took Zeke in for his ears to be checked when I took Evan in and he had ear infection still. As of last week, four out of the six of us were on antibiotics. We are all doing very well now...
Yesterday was Zeke's 10 day check on his ears and when we got there I thought he felt a bit warm. Sure enough he had a 101 temperature. He is still on his antibiotics...but he had terrible ear infection again/still. So, he is on a third antibiotic. If this doesn't clear things up, we will be heading to the ENT to get tubes put in. He hasn't once been fussy because of it. We accidentally found his ear infection at his 9 month appointment, then again at Evan's appointment which was supposed to be just a recheck to make sure it cleared up and then last night at his other recheck. So, round three of antibiotic! Poor guy...I am so thankful that he is such a happy guy, but I did tell him that he needs to let us know if he is sick :) It's ok not to laugh and smile if you don't feel good!
This is the last week of wrestling! I am so thankful! Two more practices and State Duals on Saturday. We are really ready to have Ben back. I miss him and the kids miss him and this has gone on long enough! I'm still not quite sure how we survived!
1 comment:
Poor little Zeke! I hope this kicks the infection.
And truly, congrats on making it through the season. I can imagine it is tough having to be a single parent so frequently! ick!
Here's to Spring!
Post a Comment