Thursday, December 2, 2010

One down, three to go.....

I should always trust my gut feeling....I am usually right!

The throw up flu has been going through daycare and school. This morning when we got to daycare, Isaac told me his tummy hurt. I told him he was probably fine, and he would feel better once he ate. It was my only option. He didn't have a fever, we were already late and I can't keep him home for a tummy ache. I told our daycare provider to let me know if he didn't seem right. She called a while later and said he didn't want to eat breakfast. In my gut, I felt like he was probably sick. I called his teacher, who happens to be a good friend to give her a heads up. I told her that if he seemed off, that he really could be sick.

At 8:50 this morning I got a call from the elementary. Isaac had thrown up.

His poor pregnant teacher! I got an email almost immediately after from his teacher....she said that he only gave her a three second warning, so they didn't quite make the trash can!

When I went to pick him up, the nurse told me that there were three 1st graders within 20 minutes that had gotten sick. Tis the (flu) season!

The good news is, he is acting fine after resting this morning. Luckily it seems to be a quick thing...now, I wonder when it will hit the rest of us?

No comments: