Saturday, October 16, 2010

The best day....

We had this weekend picked out for the last month. We having been planning to do something fun with the kids. We couldn't have picked a better day! It was 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. We decided to take a trip to Decorah to enjoy the trails and scenery.

This day is also one of my favorite days and the rest of my family's least favorite day.....Christmas card picture day. I decided since we were going to have the camera with us and the beautiful scenery behind us, we might as well take the tripod and get a picture for our wall and Christmas card. We got a few that turned out. I think the first one is the "winner"....but I kind of like the second one too. Any suggestions?? 1 or 2?




 The boys had a blast climbing the cliffs and sticking their hands into the water!



 Zeke enjoyed eating the leaves...he is so quick!



 We went to the trout hatchery. The boys enjoyed feeding the trout and watching them splash up at them!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you have such a beautiful family and you take the best pictures!! I vote #2!

Holly said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I vote #2. I think the lighting is a little better. The boys are so cute!

Steffaney said...

I like #1; also no. 8(?) the one of all of you on the hillside. Glad the sun was shining for your outing. Remind it to visit New England, too! You are a photogenic group of Kalainoffs!

Beckysblog said...

What a great day! It reminds me of a day we had up there not too long ago!
I vote for #1!

Jamie said...

What awesome memories for you and your family! Jenn - you are a terrific photographer! :)