Not sure how things fell apart so quickly around here.....We had been so healthy all winter and then BAM...we got hit.
Eli had another trip back to the doctor yesterday. He still had a fever and was acting worse than when I took him the first time. After 3 doses of antibiotics, nothing was changing much. The doctor said she wanted to see him if his symptoms persisted. Ben took him back and the tested for influenza and RSV. Both came back negative, so it much just be another virus that has him down. Actually, he finally didn't have a fever last night and slept through the night. He is still sleeping this morning (7:30) so he must be doing better.
He is able to sleep in today because Evan has the stomach flu again. He just had it on Saturday and now he has been hit again. He has been vomiting/dry heaving every 20 minutes since 2 a.m. He is miserable! Poor guy. I just feel so bad for him. He is so good about it though. He just keeps saying "I wish this wasn't happening to me" Me too, Bud. I hate watching my kids be sick. I just feel so helpless and I hate it for them! We have had our fill this week and we are ready to be done with this. Hopefully this will be it.
It's been a long night! Ben was home yesterday, so I get sick duty today. I may have to stay pregnant for a few more days since I will be out of my sick leave by the end!
2 comments:
oh that is awful!
Hopefully it will get out of your house and not return!
I'm so sorry! There's nothing worse than a sick kid, and 2 in your case. Hang in there! Hopefully the weekend will give everyone a chance to regroup!
Post a Comment