Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mom Rocks

So, to make a long story short....

Evan has his bike rodeo today. It is a very exciting day where they get to bring their bikes to school and learn about bike safety. There is an obstacle course that they get to ride through. It's a good day for the elementary kids.
 
Rewind a few days

Last Thursday, Evan got a flat tire on his bike. Ben and I had already decided that he was getting a bike for his birthday next week. With the flat tire, we decided to just get him his bike early so he would have it for today and in case we didn't have time to get the flat fixed, he would have something to ride. On Friday we got him his new bike. He was so excited! We did have time to fix the tire, so we put the training wheels on it so Isaac would have a bigger bike. All was working out great. 

Until yesterday

Ben left at 6:30 a.m. for a field trip to Valley Fair with his Physics kids. It was a very nice night so the boys and I decided to take a walk after school and before T-ball. The boys rode their bikes and as Evan was walking his up to the house, we heard a HUGE LOUD BOOM. I look down to see his back tire go flat. His tire blew up! 

So, let me recap....Ben is in Minnesota until late, Bike rodeo today, little bike with training wheels on it, big bike with a blown out tire! GREAT! 

Evan was upset. There is nothing worse than seeing your child sad. I decided I was going to do anything I could to get his bike fixed...even if it meant driving to Wal Mart after Ben got home, late last night, for a new tire. I had watched Ben pull the tube out of the other tire and patch it. Luckily we bought a package of patches. I pulled the tube out and found the hole right away. It was big enough to put my pinky in....I patched it up, shoved the tube back in, got the air compressor out and filled it back up. I was quite impressed with myself! 

Apparently, Evan was impressed too....he said to me "Geez Mom, Dad can fix more stuff, but for a MOM you ROCK!" 

Yep, that's right, I ROCK...just ask Evan!

3 comments:

Sarah Guild said...

Impressive. Amazing what we can learn to do when the pressure is on, right?

Andrea Dellit said...

oh that is too awesome. I agree with Sarah...when the pressure is oh, you Moms always come through! :)

Beckysblog said...

totally impressed!