We have gone to a lot of wrestling meets this year with Ben coaching. Evan is really starting to pay attention to what is going on. He has also, through these meets, found a hero. The 189 pounder is his hero. He watches his every move, on and off the mat. When he sees a team picture, he points him out. This wrestler was in the Waterloo Courier this past week and Evan cut out his picture. A couple of times this week I have gone into Evan's room and found him looking at the write up and picture of him. It is so cute to see!
Today at District wrestling, this wrestler lost one of his matches. I looked over at Evan and there were tears in his eyes. He didn't realize that he had one more chance to make it to state. When I asked him what was wrong he said "now when I go on vacation (state wrestling next week) I can't watch Collin" My heart just broke for him. His hero ended up winning his wrestle back and is one of the 9 boys headed to state.
I remember being little and watching the high school athletes and being so amazed at them. Then, when you are in high school, you don't realize how many little eyes are watching. It is so cool to be reminded of this through the eyes of a 6 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment