Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Poor Baby

I took Eli to the doctor tonight after he had been running a fever since last night. I assumed that his fever was due to teething, as all my children have run a low-grade fever with their teeth. He doesn't have any top teeth and only 3 bottom teeth, so I was thinking it was time. 

At the doctor's office, his fever was 103 degrees. They checked for strep and RSV. As they were doing the throat swab, they noticed that he had white sores on the top of his mouth. Both swabs came back negative (strep and RSV). It was determined that Eli has Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. He is is rough shape. I am hoping that he doesn't get much worse the next few days. He is out of daycare the rest of this week. Ben and I could see the sores on the top of his mouth and are just praying they do not get worse. He is still eating alright, he is just very clingy and fussy. He still has a fever but is sleeping in his crib right now...hopefully he has a good night's sleep. 

No comments: