The boys are doing well with the school routine. Evan is still loving school. I will be interested to see how he is doing when he starts bringing stuff home. I hope he is getting back into the swing of things. The reading and writing really clicked for him at the end of last year. I hope that it is coming back as quickly.
Isaac had another day of preschool yesterday. He was a bit nervous to go, but Vickie said he went in fine. Later in the day, I talked to the preschool teacher (mostly to see if she served "blood" at snack time again ... if you don't know what I am talking about, see an older post). She laughed and said Isaac is doing fine. She did ask if he is a loner at home. She said he hasn't played with the others yet and just does his own thing. Of course, now I am worried again - just when I started to feel better about things. His teacher said that she thinks he just isn't too confident yet. It breaks my heart to think of him not wanting to do things because he isn't confident in himself. I was trying to think of things we could do at home to build him up. I think Ben and I do praise him a lot and get excited when he does color or draw something. I think he looks at Evan and sees how well Evan can do, and feels like he can't do it. His teacher said he didn't want to swing yesterday because he didn't know how to pump his legs. It is so strange how he is such a stinker at home and yet at school he is so quiet and unsure of himself. It seems like he would just come into school being as bold as he is at home. I suppose it isn't necessarily a bad thing that he is so quiet and shy at school, but I hope that his personality starts shining through too...that's what makes Isaac, Isaac.
Eli is doing awesome. He is eating like crazy! Last week when we took the boys to their appointments, I had Eli weighed. He has gained a pound in a month. Since he has had his tubes, he has really taken off. His cheeks are finally filling out and his legs are getting bigger too. He is eating mostly table food, and only some baby food. Last night he had a whole banana, canned carrots and toast for supper.
He is one active little boy too. He is into EVERYTHING!!! He opens cupboards and drawers and climbs on everything. He pulls himself up to things, but doesn't walk around things yet. Still no teeth either. He tries to say everything too....his favorites are "all gone" "Isaac" "da-da" and "uh-oh"
No comments:
Post a Comment